Integrity | Leadership | Experience
Harford County stands at an intersection of dynamic change and Bob Cassilly has the leadership and integrity to bridge our traditional values and our progress for the future.
Growing up, Bob worked summers on farms throughout the county, canoed Deer Creek, played football at Bel Air High, and then married a high school classmate. A Bronze medal-winning veteran of the Iraq war and father of five children raised and educated locally, Bob has demonstrated his commitment to our community through his service as mayor of Bel Air, County Councilman, and now in his second term as a State Senator.
The Cassilly family has been an active part of Harford County for more than 200 years. Bob wants to ensure that we can maintain the high quality we all love about our county so that all of our citizens have the opportunity to raise their families, work, and even retire in beautiful Harford County. Bob’s conservative Republican principles will create more opportunities for all while preserving the character of the county’s heritage. His priorities include:
- keeping taxes low,
- eliminating wasteful government spending,
- ensuring the safety of our families and communities,
- maintaining high-quality schools,
- retaining and recruiting quality jobs,
- and preserving open space and our agricultural heritage.
With his demonstrated leadership, integrity, and his record of fighting to protect our nation, values, families, communities, and small businesses, Bob is the right choice for Harford County Executive.
- Awarded the Bronze Star for Service in Iraq
- Awarded the U.S. State Department Superior Honor Award
- Graduated from Johns Hopkins University & ROTC Distinguished Military Graduate
- University of Baltimore Law School, with honors
- Maryland State Senator
- Ranking Republican on the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Chairman, Harford Senate Delegation
- Former Bel Air Mayor and Commissioner
- Former Infantry and JAG officer, U.S. Army
- Senior Strategic Planner in U.S. Embassy, Baghdad
- Lifelong Harford County resident
- Former Harford County Councilman
- Practices law in Federal and State Courts throughout Maryland
- Small business owner
- Graduate of Johns Hopkins University
- Bob & Deb have been married for 40 years and have five children and six grandchildren, most of whom have or will attend Harford County public schools.
Sheriff, Harford County
"Senator Bob Cassilly is the statewide leader in the fight to support our deputies and police officers and preserve law and order to keep our families safe."
Bronze Star Recipient
An ROTC distinguished military graduate, Senator Bob Cassilly served five years in the active military as an Infantry officer, was awarded the coveted Ranger Tab, and continued his military service in the Army Reserves as a JAG and Civil Affairs officer.
As County Exec., Bob Cassilly will work to make Harford Co. schools number 1 in the State. That means supporting parents and teachers, as well as ensuring classroom safety to keep our kids safe.
Defend Open Spaces
As County Exec., Bob Cassilly will defend Harford Co. against reckless development and will support agricultural preservation rights.
Bronze Star Recipient
Bob Cassilly served in the U.S. Army and earned a Bronze Star during his deployment in Iraq. As County Executive, Bob will make support for our veteran's community a top priority.
Bob Cassilly supports law enforcement 100% and led the fight in the State Senate to defend police against liberal reforms that would harm public safety in Harford County.
Endorse Bob Cassilly
Add your name to the growing list of supporters lining up behind Sen. Bob Cassilly for Harford County Executive!