Dedicated, honest public service has long been a part of the Cassilly family tradition:
- Bob’s parents (Nancy & Robert), by their own selfless service to others, regardless of their station in life, race, creed, or national origin, instilled in their eleven children the importance of honest, dedicated service to to all God’s children.
- Bob’s father, Robert R. Cassilly, is a veteran of WWI. He began his service at 18 as a merchant mariner in the engine room on a liberty ship and later as an infantryman in Germany with the 1st Infantry Division.
- Bob’s brother, Joe Cassilly, was Harford County State’s Attorney for 40 years until he retired in 2018. Joe is a veteran of the Vietnam War, where he served as an Army Ranger, was awarded the Purple Heart for injuries that left him confined to a wheelchair.
- Bob’s brother Andrew Cassilly served as a member of the Maryland House of Delegates (District 35) from 2014 until he 2020 when he joined the Hogan Administration as a senior advisor.
- Bob’s eight amazing sisters have served and continue to serve our community as nurses, school teachers, parents, and community volunteers.